Apple Of My Eye Crisp
I wanted to change things up for the blog and add some flavor. The previous blog talked about apples and my brother and his daughter. This blog is not just about cartoons and stuffing your face, and so I thought for this blog I would make a dish and share the recipe. Yeah I like that idea although don’t see me as some master of the culinary realm but see me as a dumb fool clueless in the kitchen.
I wanted to keep discussing the use of the word “apple” and how not just apple but all fruits get used as an element to teach or represent some kind of meaning. Even religion has fruit associated with good and evil knowledge. An apple a day keeps the doctor away or having sour grapes after something unpopular occurs.
This blog recipe I used is not 100% accurate and I think making it sound silly adds mystique for the chef to figure it out on their own. Plus if nobody even tries the recipe, than at least it sounded cool. Recipes are not usually humorous but I’m changing things up.
Pre-heat the oven 375
Granny Smith Apples (peeled and sliced)
Oatmeal (two big ass handfuls)
Flour (two big ass handfuls)
Sugar (two big as handfuls)
Brown Sugar (two big ass handfuls)
Ground Cinnamon (two and half pinches)
Nutmeg (three pinches)
Butter (a few scoops)
1. Butter up the cooking pan by giving it compliments.
2. Fill the buttered-up pan with the apples.
3. In a separate bowl mix everything else to make a top-crust.
(dry stuff all connected together with butter)
4. Lay the mixture on top of the apples.
5. Place in the oven to bake for about 25-35 mins.
6. Think good thoughts as the crisp forms.
7. Remove from the oven and let rest.
8. Let it cool with confidence.
9. Offer piece or slice to anyone around.
10. Enjoy the core.